Gather and see the music
with original portraits on vinyl.

Home | About | Press | FAQ | Gallery | Shop | Custom

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

With A Little Help From My Friends [EC]


Since it's a new year, I want to re-introduce the Vinyl Art Elliott Collection [EC]. I'm hoping this idea will catch on this year as the potential is cool.

Here's the deal. I received a whole bunch of great albums from a lady in exchange for a Van Halen painting. Really really great albums. In perfect condition. She wanted me to have them to use for my art rather than simply sell them to a used record store. So, I came up with an idea to link my art to charity, piece by piece.

Normally, my pieces are $175 (plus shipping) framed and delivered. For these pieces, every time I use an album she gave me, the buyer of said piece gets to give $100 to a charity and $75 to me. Most are for a charity of the buyer's choice. A couple are specific, which is noted in the blog post about it. Speaking of, listed below are all the posts of the pieces so far.

Debbie Harry - Blondie
Dave Gahan - Depeche Mode
Prince
Madonna
Gene Simmons - KISS
Tommy Lee - Motley Crue
Steven Tyler - Aerosmith
Snoop Doggy Dogg
Prince
Jimi Hendrix
Bono
Janis Joplin
Ice Cube

The way it'll work is you'll give me 2 checks: one to me, one to the charity. I'll get the info from the charity and send them the donation in your name and address. You'll get the receipt and whatever other stuff they send, and the painting.

So then you'll get to tell people how you got this cool original piece of art by donating to your favorite charity! Sound good?

Let me know what you think, and if there's anybody you'd like me to paint if I have an album!

Peace.

No comments: