Gather and see the music
with original portraits on vinyl.

Home | About | Press | FAQ | Gallery | Shop | Custom

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Pam And Tommy For PETA [EC]

Tommy Lee
I've been catching clips of Pam Anderson's stylizedly shot and edited reality show on E!, and besides being rather impressed with her in general, I was interested to learn about her longtime involvement with PETA.

Apparently her ex, Tommy Lee has also been involved with the organization. He posed revealing all his body ink for a poster quoting him, "Ink, Not Mink" as discussed on PETA2. I found that out while searching for a good image to use to paint him for my Elliott Collection on a Motley Crue album.

After trying in vain to find a good enough photo of the drummer from back in the day, I decided the connection between Pam and Tommy and PETA and proceeds from my work going to charity was too good to pass up. I knew the poster picture'd make a good painting too.

So, this one is a bit different from the others in the collection so far in that I already have a charity in mind. $100 of the $175 you'd pay for this piece will go to PETA in your name.

Long ago, I loved Bloom County's lampooning of Mary Kay's use of animal testing and also was a member of the World Wildlife Fund for a few years, so animals exploited and endangered by humanity have a soft spot in my heart. I'll be thrilled to get to send off your check for $100 to PETA to help their cause.

Peace.

4 comments:

Bar L. said...

I'd like to see Nikki Sixx baring his tats for PETA :)

PETA can be a bit extreme but I've been an animal rights person since the 80's. We have to speak up for those that don't have a voice.

Daniel Edlen said...

I was going to paint him soon too. Hopefully I'll find as good a photo.

It is unfortunate that some groups have felt the need to resort to maybe overly confrontive methods. In the 80s I remember stopping donating to Greenpeace because I felt they had just gone too far (the ends justifying the means deal).

I was impressed that Pam and Tommy are simply using their celebrity to spread awareness that the issues PETA address are still there to address.

Jeff said...

I never knew that Tommy Lee was in PETA as well...

Daniel Edlen said...

Hey, Jeff! Thanks for dropping in!

Yeah, I had been aware of Pam's involvement for awhile, little things here and there, but I didn't know Tommy had helped out either.