Gather and see the music
with original portraits on vinyl.

Home | About | Press | FAQ | Gallery | Shop | Custom

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Wishing Intentions

Bob Marley

I realized last night that yesterday's post about music that I want was a wee bit selfish. I had a tough weekend in regards to the ups and downs of the grieving process. I felt like I needed to focus on me a bit. No judgement, just how I felt. I genuinely wish I had that music, but I also genuinely wish for things bigger than me, things like "make love, not war" and so forth.

As Bob Marley did with his whole being and all of his passion, I want to make the world a better place. But I wonder why or actually what that even means? Who am I too judge the state of the world. I don't know Life's plan. Jason's death sure shows that.

People championing causes and using their energy to "make the world a better place" sometimes have muddled intentions. It's always important to remember the storyteller along with the story. Life is individual and each person has theirs to live. That often means intentionally or haphazardly having an impact on other lives. How the others react to the impact is part of their experience, but it seems maybe more selfish to hope to affect others in the first place. It means you want to do something that means you were important, that means you have a legacy to leave, that you left your mark.

I'm like this, don't get me wrong. I want my art to mean something to people, for it to have a wide-reaching impact on humanity. Here's the trick though. Is it for me or humanity?

Heck, I dunno. I do know that 2 pieces (Alice Cooper and Ozzy Osbourne) sold at a group show up in Canada, and a teacher at my mother-in-law's school commissioned the above Legend. So that's cool. Sometimes I think I think too much...

Peace.

SOLD - Bob Marley 08/26/08

No comments: