Gather and see the music
with original portraits on vinyl.

Home | About | Press | FAQ | Gallery | Shop | Custom

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

It Feels Like The First Time

Jimi Hendrix
Here's the new Hendrix. I still really like the image I've used before, but there's something special about the first time I use a new image.

It's not that it becomes old hat, or boring, or routine, or anything like that when I paint the same image again. Each piece is unique. Each piece stands alone. Each piece is a piece of me. So, I take the same care with every one, even those like Led Zeppelin which I've done the most.

I'm taking a physical document, the concretion of music into plastic, and creating art anew. So each piece has that significance. This is music. This is what I'm passionate about. This is what I hope to reach people with who share my passion.

I won't say that when I've painted the same image multiple times that it is as exciting every time, especially those that are going to galleries for repeat consignments, but it's each record's first time being painted on. So, while the first time is special, I still end up wanting to keep every piece.

Like this Billy Idol being given as a birthday gift:


Billy Idol
Peace.

SOLD - Jimi Hendrix, Billy Idol 09/23/08

2 comments:

Bar L. said...

Love that Jimi. I'm going to get my next one framed. Bono.

Daniel Edlen said...

Yeah, I'm likin' the Jimi too. Thanks!

What U2 album are you going to want me to use? Do you like the image I used for this?