Gather and see the music
with original portraits on vinyl.

Home | About | Press | FAQ | Gallery | Shop | Custom

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Am I Finished Yet?

Jonathan DavisI've talked before about editing creative endeavors after completion, but when is the piece done in the first place?

When I don't want to let it go.

Jonathan Davis of KoRn is for the son of a dear friend of my wife. Fortunately for me, the album "Follow The Leader" is a double album, so I get to keep one the records. Yet, it's still hard to part with my work. It is, after all, a part of me, my creation. Not quite like a child as some artists dramatically claim, but maybe like that in a small way. Each piece represents a collection of moments of my life, also pulling together the creation of the music, the production of the vinyl, the moment of the photographer and subject, and even the publishing and discovery of the photograph. A lot had to happen to lead to what you see above.

So it, as your time and attention are, is precious.

Thus, my passion for what I do and why. The young man who will be surprised to receive this piece has a tattoo of the album cover on his back. A tattoo. That's the purpose of my art, and at the same time, that's why, when the piece is done, the moment captured, it's hard to set it free.

Peace.

SOLD - Jonathan Davis 06/19/08

No comments: