Gather and see the music
with original portraits on vinyl.

Home | About | Press | FAQ | Gallery | Shop | Custom

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Burn McDonald's!?!


Chrissie Hynde
I'm feeling excited, reenergized even. Writing my last post got me thinking positively again about promoting my art. I'm not sure how yet (please help!) but it will work.

A cool thing about painting these pieces is that I get to learn about the musicians. I was surprised when it turned out Tommy Lee was involved with PETA. Today I found out that Chrissie Hynde is very involved with animal rights as well. She owns a vegan restaurant and almost militantly wants to eliminate meat-eating and destroy McDonald's!

I love that she's actually taking action to accomplish her goals. I only hope I can stay as passionate about music and creativity as she is about her beliefs in order to get my message out, and find the means.

At least you're reading this! Please check out my previous post and see if you can help. In its small way, my art with its accompanying stories can make a difference, can make people happier, and can bring people together. I'm just trying to do my part to contribute constructively to humanity, like Chrissie.

I still like the ocassional Big Mac though.

Peace.

Chrissie Hynde 09/18/08


2 comments:

Bar L. said...

Chrissie is, in my opnion, the on truly pure rock and roll female out there. I love Ann and Nancy Wilson, but Chrissie just embodies rock and roll.

Anyhow, I still have a few ideas in my mind about getting the word out about you. I just have to have some time to focus on it.

Daniel Edlen said...

Thanks, Barb. The fact that you're even thinking about it means a lot.