Gather and see the music
with original portraits on vinyl.

Home | About | Press | FAQ | Gallery | Shop | Custom

Monday, November 17, 2008

Personal Checks

Stevie NicksI take'em.

But that's not what this is about.

How do you know when you're being authentic? How do you maintain your identity? How do you adapt and still stay true to yourself?

What are your personal checks?

I've drawn a line in the sand a couple of times. But over time, the wind and water can fade those lines. Do you know where they were? I guess that's the purpose of policies, but people dance back and forth over society's and their own lines.

For me, I try to maintain my self with my gut check. After Jason died, when I didn't know which way was up, the only feedback I found I could trust was my stomach. When it got tight, something was up. It seems to be good for letting myself know when I need to take a sec and ask why.

I think I have a pretty good sense of purpose with my art here, but please, if you ever think I've crossed a line, let me know.

Peace.

SOLD - Stevie Nicks 11/17/08

No comments: