Gather and see the music
with original portraits on vinyl.

Home | About | Press | FAQ | Gallery | Shop | Custom

Monday, August 3, 2009

The Glue

Led Zeppelin - (i) inspired by photos by Dick Barnatt


My wife's brother, Dustin was in town last week to visit. Such fun. He and my wife have a very similar sense of humor, the same as their dad. I love having family over. Makes our home feel even homey-er. Family is what makes us all stick.

Those of you who get my email newsletter knew we were possibly thinking of moving to Indiana pretty much just to be closer to her brother living there. We won't be doing that, at least until our baby's born early next January. So I get to paint the John Lennon animals in the nursery.

As with my wife and I, music has meant a heck of lot to Dustin too. A guitar player, he's an obvious huge fan of Zeppelin. I was working on the above piece, which I glued together with Super Glue this morning, so he loved getting to watch me paint a couple that ended up in this:

http://current.com/items/90575098_led-zeppelin-vinyl-art-timelapse.htm

He had on his iPod the Great White covers of Zeppelin. Holy smokes! Couldn't tell the difference right off. Watch this with your eyes closed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOV7kAGt1vs

By the way, if you don't get my newsletter, I just sent one out this morning. If you'd like me to add you to my mailing list, email at the address at the top of this page and let me know! I'll send you the new one.

Peace.

No comments: