Gather and see the music
with original portraits on vinyl.

Home | About | Press | FAQ | Gallery | Shop | Custom

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Progress

The Beatles on TwitPic

How do you measure progress? Is it always judged by goals achieved, destinations reached, ends?

If life is a journey, then progress is inevitable, uncontrollable even. Whether you like it or not. All you can do is choose how to react. All you are really responsible for in this life is your actions. Again, I think that's why the Tao Te Ching is mostly about action.

So, I'm making progress on Twitter. To me, big progress. But then I don't have a frame of reference. I'm like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie...

All I know is a coupla guys I really respect have, in one way or other, become followers of my stream there. They didn't have to listen. They still might not, especially if I ramble too much there like I probably do here. They're certainly busy enough that they have time to complain about having too much to do. But for now, they're helping me spread knowledge of my art, genuinely. They really do like it!

That's progress, the bottom line, the goal. So people come back around and remember, oh yeah, that guy who paints portraits on records. Like the lady who commissioned the Marley and above Beatles pieces.

Speaking of The Beatles, you'll notice that the photo is a screenshot of TwitPic. I decided to try it for this piece so I could show the progress as I paint the multiple portrait piece. The site works really easily, connecting with a Twitter account so you can upload images and have a status update generated automatically with a link back to the image.

So you can watch me progress.

Peace.

No comments: