Gather and see the music
with original portraits on vinyl.

Home | About | Press | FAQ | Gallery | Shop | Custom

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Who Would You Recognize At 70 MPH?

John Lennon - (i) inspired by photo by Iain Macmillan

I might have the opportunity to create a billboard design! A local company gives artists a chance to put up work cobranding an empty billboard. My brilliant wife came up with both design and message I'm going to work with, but I'm still playing with which paintings I'm going to use. Right now the list is Eminem, Jimi Hendrix, Kurt Cobain and Bob Marley.

What do you think? Who are the icons of music that someone driving at 70 mph would recognize fast enough to also read a couple phrases and maybe catch a website?

It's a weird question to think about isn't it?

Peace.

1 comment:

Kitteh said...

That sounds like an awesome opportunity! All of the artists you suggested are fairly good targets, though I don't know if Eminem will reach your target audience quite as well. Otherwise, Jim Morrison, any of the Beatles, Bruce Springsteen...jeez, I don't know. Michael Jackson would be very recognizable, but I don't know if you want to go there...

Can't wait to see the finished concept!