Gather and see the music
with original portraits on vinyl.

Home | About | Press | FAQ | Gallery | Shop | Custom

Monday, September 10, 2007

Concerts, Concerts, Concerts!

Today starts a string of concerts my wife and I get to see. First is the Kings of Leon in Tempe, AZ. We saw them in New Orleans at the House of Blues and were excited they were going to come to the Phoenix area. Then the White Stripes in Albuquerque and in San Diego. Yes, we're seeing both concerts! They put on such great live performances we couldn't resist. "Anywhere within a 6 hour drive," my wife said. Then the Arctic Monkeys back in Tempe.

This won't be cutting down on my painting much, though. I've got commissions to work on and several I want to do because I know they'll make great pieces. I'll keep posting pics as I get them done too. Oh, that Dylan wasn't at Raw Style, it was at Wild About Music in Austin, TX. I had done 2 Dylans and didn't remember which was where. But now my brother-in-law has it!

I'm trying to decide who to show at Rockzone Records. So far I've got Jim Morrison, Ozzy Osbourne, Bob Marley and Lou Reed. I'm thinking for the DJ crowd to throw up Rick James "Street Songs" with Superfreak and Isaac Hayes "Shaft" dance mixes to make'em chuckle and think. Or Queen and Kiss. What do you think? I'll post the pics after I get them framed and hung, so who do you want to see? If you need examples:

CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE AT: WWW.VINYLART.INFO

and take a look at the gallery.

2 comments:

Christina said...

Hey Daniel - I just want to say how impressed I am with your work, first of all...these are awesome. I'd have to say that Dylan and Lennon are my favorites, but they're all fantastic!
Also - nice choices on the recent concert going...I saw Kings of Leon earlier this year in Cleveland...they were rad. Anyway, keep up the awesome work...I'm looking forward to a Queen vinyl, if you haven't already done one.
Cheers!

Daniel Edlen said...

Thanks on both accounts! Dylan and Lennon are my heroes of that time, so it's nice to get feedback on those. And the Kings are gaining steam in the U.S., definitely a talented bunch of musicians. So creative!

Keep watching for those pieces I'm going to get over to Rockzone, it should be soon!