Gather and see the music
with original portraits on vinyl.

Home | About | Press | FAQ | Gallery | Shop | Custom

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Do Work!

Johnny Cash - (i) inspired by photo by Jan Olofsson

The Man in Black is definitely giving Zep a run for their money in popularity, at least as far as my paintings go. A collector already bought the one I had done for Newport Nights at Primitive Kool before they even publicized them! They asked if I could do another one for the show so they could sell that one along with paintings of Johnny Cash from a couple other artists. So, I did work! This one is on the Pickwick release "Walk the Line". I had to reunite it with it's cover at the record store because it's a bit warped and they were going to sell just the sleeve. Doin' my part!

Speaking of my part, apparently Blog Action Day was a huge success. They took down most of their site so I had to put the banner image on my site. Makes sense, though, to streamline their site. They probably didn't want some 20,000 blogs hitting their site constantly for those banners. In any event, feel free to use my copy. You can find it in my previous post:

http://vinylart.blogspot.com/2007/10/blog-action-day-make-it-more-than-day.html

Also, if you want to see more examples of my work, you can go through the rest of this blog and:

CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE AT: http://www.vinylart.info/

and tell me how you found me!

No comments: