Gather and see the music
with original portraits on vinyl.

Home | About | Press | FAQ | Gallery | Shop | Custom

Friday, March 21, 2008

Reluctant Enthusiasm

Dylan and Lennon - (i) inspired by photos by Jerry Schatzberg and Astrid KirchherrMore paradoxicalness. I don't think that's a word, but in any case, another pair of opposite feelings acting simultaneously. I'm getting great feedback on Flickr about my pieces for Art on Vinyl 3 and I am excited about the show in New York, but at the same time I'm still struggling with the demons brought on by Jason's death. So it's hard to really focus on my artwork while trying to find acceptance.

Maybe I can look to Dylan and Lennon. Both resisted being iconic figures in New York, but both continued doing what they did, figuring out a way to accept the unwanted role. I liked finding the new photo of Bob from a promo poster for his book, "Tarantula". Made for a nice pairing with the one of John. Maybe somebody'll buy both together at the P/Art Show. Like pretty much all the paintings you can see in this blog, they're also available on commission.

Speaking of commissions, I already got the New York Dolls album from Canada to paint for the guy I connected with in The Vinyl Engine Forum. Now I've got to find a good picture of the pre-punk rockers. I also found the Grateful Dead album to use for my contest winner's piece on eBay for cheap and it's on its way. So those are next.

No comments: